Thursday, May 17, 2012

Super Mario Party

So this year I had the bright idea to suggest a Super Mario Bros theme for the kids birthday party.  With their birthdays being only 2 days apart and so close in age, I needed something they both could enjoy.  I really should have done some research before suggesting it though.  Thank goodness for Google and Pinterest. Once the invites were sent there was no going back.  I decided I would make my own cake and then didn't know where else to go to even find a Super Mario cake.  I think it turned out pretty awesome don't you? 
notice the cake didn't make it outside without someones finger on it :)

Next was a couple of games.  We had a bad guy bean bag toss. 

We also planned for a yoshi fruit hunt, using party blowers to knock down cups with fruit pasted on them, but we never got around to it.  We also had pinata's that the kids painted.  We found a dinosaur that they painted to resemble bowser, and a soccer ball painted yellow and orange to look like a fireball :) They were so cute. 

 They even tried to use the balloon decorations as pinatas.
The kids favourite was by far the pin the mustache on Mario. 

 The gift bags I cut out with my cricut and by hand, and was by far the most time consuming activity (besides the cake that is).

The kids had such a blast and the party came together really well in the end.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea, Ginny! Very creative - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bitter that we missed this party! :( Looks like it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete