Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Reason I Am Who I Am


 


 Saddness, that is all I can feel.  The world recently lost an amazing lady.  This past February my mom last her heroic battle with Cancer.  Writing this post is especially hard because even when she was sick, she kept asking me how the blog was going.  She always said "I've got you in my favourites on the internet" and "you're good at this, keep on top of it"  And I have done exactly the opposite. I've let the blog fall through the cracks, but on that note, I have fallen through the cracks as well.  I am not nearly as on top of things as I used to be, it seems like my brain isn't working properly.  Simple things turn out to be huge disasters, and usually it is mom to the rescue with a quick fix or to walk me through something over the phone. So now what?  Everything I am is my mom. Everything I do reminds me of mom. Sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, even scrapbooking. It's all I can do to get through the day without crying. This past weekend was the Stoney Creek Quilters Guild Show.  Before she got sick she planned this show and was so excited for it.  I managed to get a couple of quilts entered, because I knew she wanted me to.
   

<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
<><><><>
<>                 Griffin's Quilt - Guess Whoo Loves You

<><><><>
Patio Lanterns
   
I was able to have a table FULL of mom's stuff to sell and even managed to raise $500 for Cancer research.  All these ladies commented on how strong I was for being able to get through the whole weekend and you know what?  They were right.  It was almost a closing of a chapter, as I took down her "last quilt".


Mom's Last Quilt - Jacobean Delight


But I know that in order to move one I have to go back to doing things that used to make me happy.  And lucky for you guys, that is ALL THINGS CRAFTY.  Please bear with me, as I try to get back in the swing of things.  Up next, "our new kitchen makeover" 

Happy Crafting
Ginny








2 comments:

  1. Ginny....
    This post made me cry. Sounds like you did loose one amazing lady....who taught you many wonderful things! Sounds like the memory of your mom will be kept alive in so many ways!
    Her quilt is gorgeous.....and definitely got your talent from her....you're are equally beautiful....thanks for sharing from the heart.....
    I'll be keeping an eye on this blog.......you are amazing!
    Praying for you.....
    Lisa Westerman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, cried when I read this blog - to be honest, it was the moment I saw your Mom's smiling face. I can't imagine how difficult the last few months have been....I have so many fond memories of your Mom and will miss her greatly at our yearly visit at the Peach Festival. I always looked forward to our chat at the sundae stand...catching up after a year apart. Lauren mentioned out of the blue that she will be sad not to see her this year. Broke my heart.

    She was a true talent and has obviously shared her crafting talents with you.
    I think of you, Ronnie and your Dad so often...sending you big giant hugs whenever you need them!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete