Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY Tee Pee

This past weekend our family was invited to a very special little girls 4th birthday.  Whenever possible I like to try to make a gift that is practical and fun for the recipient. 

 I was toying with the idea of a fort kit or play house or something, then came across a website with a tutorial for a Tee Pee. pinktoesandpowertools is a fantastic website and has so many great ideas.  Her tutorial was so easy to follow, and was relatively quick for me to complete. Maybe I shouldn't have started it at 10:30pm the night before the party though :) 

The pattern calls for 5 1/2  yds I bought 6, because I was making this for the first time, I figured everything would go wrong :)  However, this tutorial is so fantastic I didn't encounter any problems.  One thing, if you buy reversible fabric (same on both sides) you only need 3 yds of fabric.  So lucky for my kids, I was able to cut out an entire 2nd set of patterns. 
 I did also make some ties to keep the doors open, and I used wooden dowels instead of the PVC pipe.  That was only because my local Lowes didn't have enough PVC pipe.  Only took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete.  I think the next one will be even quicker.


Let me know if you make one, I'd love to see a picture!

Happy Crafting
Ginny

1 comment:

  1. It turned out great!! I really like the addition of the ties. Glad the tutorial helped :)

    ReplyDelete